Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hunting for media images

In order to save money, I leveraged deals from the Startup America Partnership to keep my pre-seed funds in check.  Once such deal I leverage is getting really affordable images from Bigstock Photo.  When you can’t afford a awesome graphic artist, being able to buy images is the next best thing. I have learned enough about user experience to know that just putting words on a page will make a big group of the audience tune out.

Let me tell you though, sometimes I can’t wait until we can get a artist.  It would be nice to rely on someone who has good taste and an eye for what will work. Further, I use the Preview application from my map to edit and resize my pictures. Someone who knows photoshop and other advanced editing tools could be a great help.

So much time is spent looking for just the right kind of image.  It is almost wondrous how you can just turn page after page looking for an image for a keyword you find anything that resonates.

2 Ways to improve the experience of showing for images online:

  • Provide filters based on cheesiness or styles by decade
  • Offer services for someone to built the 5th type icon because your customer has just found 4 that they like (that actually may already be there but not advertised as such)

No comments:

Post a Comment